‘Will the ADM disappear?’
7min. – 57Mo – MP4 – Febrero 2016
La Solidaria es un centro social autónomo que funciona desde el año 2012, cuando el local fue ocupado para construir un espacio que sirviera como una herramienta más para la práctica de nuestra propia autonomía y el desarrollo de la lucha social.
(Manif du 17 octobre 2015)
4min. – 75Mo – MP4 – Novembre 2015 [Télécharger]
2min. 12Mb MP4 [Download]
Un miler de persones es concentra en aquests moments al voltant de la plaça de Sants de Barcelona en defensa del centre social Can Vies. El desallotjament ha començat a les 13:20h del migdia però no ha agafat per sorpresa les activistes, que s’han pogut ubicar als nombrosos punts de resistència distribuïts per tot l’edifici.
- Give us space trailer
- GIVE US SPACE is a documentary and a bit more. We focus on creative documentation, research and action around housing issues. The project came about from our direct experience dealing with many difficult housing situations in London, which affected all aspects of our lives; we learned a lot from it, researched it more deeply and we decided to share it!
A feature documentary was the chosen medium, as we believe video is a powerful tool to spread the word and generate awareness. So far the film is the main focus of the project, however we plan to extend it to other creative areas and actions.
- Lambeth resident facing eviction by Council
- Maritza Tschepp is due to be evicted by Lambeth council from her family home of 33 years. Tschepp is among the few dozen people left in Lambeth’s so-called short-life properties, handed over to housing co-operatives in the late 1970s. Now Lambeth wants to sell the homes, arguing it would raise £50m to spend on other housing priorities
- The muesli-maker who began in a squat mp4 3mins 30mb
- Behind the scenes: Alara Cereals started in a squat with two pound notes. But an inauspiscious start has blossomed in to an unlikely success story …
- I got involved in the squatting movement in the early 1970s. I’d moved to London to study architecture and was living in a building on Tolmers Square, just off Tottenham Court Road. I opposed the philosophy of destroying existing Victorian properties and replacing them with modern blocks solely in the name of making money, so I decided I had to live without it. I didn’t spend money for a year until, in 1975, I found two £1 notes in the street and decided to start a business with it.
We began what’s now Alara by selling fruit and veg that would otherwise have been thrown out. We bought a sack of flour from a wholefoods wholesaler near the squat and started baking bread. Eventually we squatted in a retail premises and turned it into a wholefoods shop.
We got evicted from that shop and another, second premises within two years, so, in 1978, we leased a small shop just off the Euston Road. The shop continued to do very well, but the area was being redeveloped and Camden Council allocated our shop as the site office, so we struck a good deal with them to move to a bigger place on Marchmont Street in Bloomsbury.
We wanted to produce really healthy food, and there were no cereals on the market that had no added sugar, salts or fats at that time, so we started making muesli. With more space in Bloomsbury, we were able to get a muesli mixing machine. It all expanded from that point on, until we had our own factory in Camley Street, King’s Cross. We’ve been embedded in the community for years now – we’ve planted lots of trees near the factory, we have an orchard, and the people who work here live close by, too. Our next mission is to sequester more carbon than the carbon we create in making our products.
Our focus is on creating a healthy product with high nutritional value. As well as keeping our muesli free from sugar, salt and fat, we use superfoods such as goji berries and linseeds, and we’ve developed a complex database that we use to develop blends with specific requirements – such as high selenium, or vitamin C – that will still taste great.
Alara was the first cereal company in the world to be certified organic, and now our factory produces about half of all the organic muesli sold in the UK. We are also the first company to be licensed by the Coeliac Society. We’ve come a long way since squatting, but being accessible to everyone remains central to what we do.
- £350million worth of property empty (Russia Today) 3mins mp4
- Almost three quarters of a million houses in the UK are standing empty – and this at a time when there’s a serious shortage of residential buildings. RT’s Polly Boiko went to one of London’s most prestigious streets, that’s become a symbol for Britain’s bricks and mortar crisis. 21 Feb 2014
- St. Agnes Place 6mins 20mb mp4
- Short film about the a squatted community in south London that survived for over 30 years before being knocked down by Lambeth council
March 12th and 13th 2014 – An international coordination of housing rights activists is protesting against speculation at the MIPIM in Cannes. Organisations taking part in the press conference the Bond Precaire Woonvormen, the speculation research collective SPOK, Netherlands, Radical Housing Group London, Collectivo Habita for the right to Housing and the City, Portugal, Tenants’s Asso, Habita NETX, Germany.
- Tour de Squat
- ‘Tour de Squat’ by Amy Suo Wu at Frames of Thinking, Poortgebouw, Rotterdam, NL, 2-2014
- A typographic zine on (former) squats in Rotterdam. More information at holycrapparel.tumblr.com/post/76211616240/tour-de-squat-in-frames-of-thinking-group-show-the
Date: 2013, Country: NL, City:Amsterdam, Language: NL/EN, Length:
2mins, Type: mp4
Voor Cineac Extra kijken we terug naar Kraken in Rotterdam, onder andere in het Schieblock. Dit gebouw zit nu vol bedrijven, wie zaten er ruim 10 jaar geleden?
Gezi parkı ruhunu üflemeye devam ediyor! Gezi günlerindeki özgürlüğü, dayanışmayı, iletişimi içselleştiren ”çapulcular” Gezi’den aldıkları ilhamı yeni biçimlere dönüştürüyor. Gezi’den sonra kurulan mahalle forumlarından olan Yeldiğermeni Dayanışması, mahallelerindeki 20 yıldır çöplük olan sahipsiz binayı işgal edip kamusal bir alana dönüştürmek için çalışıyor. Hiç bir hiyerarşinin olmadığı bu örgütlenme, minyatür bir gezi dünyası yaratarak bunu mahallelilerin faydasına açmak ve ‘başka bir dünya’ nın mümkün olduğunu hepimize göstermek istiyor.
Obsaď a žij! CZ Praha 41mins
Je právo soukromého vlastníka nadřazeno veřejnému zájmu? Může squatting nabídnout řešení problému absence sociálního bydlení v České republice, nebo se jedná pouze o subkulturní fenomén? Má majitel právo nechat svůj dům spadnout? Může být odpor vyjádřený občanskou neposlušností legitimní? Jak souvisí konání developerských společností a silných hráčů na bytovém trhu s problémem vyloučených lokalit? Proč dům na pražském Pohořelci stále chátrá a kdo se skrývá za firmou CPI? Dokument o squatterské akci, při níž bylo během jednoho dne obsazeno sedm chátrajících domů, vznikl v produkci A2larmu.
Date: 2013, Country: UK, City:London, Language: Eng, Length: 3mins, Size: 50mb Type: mp4
With rent rising in London, and elsewhere in the UK, young people are finding that squatting is the way to an affordable home.
It is now illegal to move into empty houses or flats so squatters are living in offices and factories.
In this video a recent graduate in London explains his struggle to find cheap accommodation and good living conditions as a squatter
Date: 2013, Country: UK, City:Birmingham, Language: Eng, Length: 2.5mins, Size: 11mb Type: flv
On the 8th of November 2011, we left the Whitmarley, which has been the first home of “the Birmingham social centre”. The social centre is much more than the building; it is the concept, community and people that have formed around it.
In easter, months before we started the project we set out these as the reasons “we”, then a bunch of students who had been organising on campus should create a squatted social space.